In this video, brew along with our Support Specialist Bethany as she uses a Virtuoso+ to brew a French Press.
For many of us, the French Press was our first introduction to handbrewed coffee. As pour-overs and paper filter methods took over the scene, French Press lost some of the focus. But lovers of this method know that it yields a full-bodied, textural cup of coffee that-when carefully brewed-can allow for a balanced and expressive cup!
French Press Recipe for Two:
- Coffee: 32g (1:15.6 brew ratio)
- Water 500g at 205F
- Total Brew Time 5 Mins
Step by Step:
- Grind 500g of coffee coarse, about the size of breadcrumbs. (Try starting somewhere in the 25-30 range on your Virtuoso+). Jump to 1:20min mark for more info about using the timer feature and learn about how grind size affects extraction.
- Add ground coffee to your carafe
- Pour the entire 500g of water, start the timer, and give it a vigorous stir
- At the 4minute mark, plunge gently until the filter is just above the mass of ground coffee.
- Finally, pour carefully, serve, and share a cup with a friend!
Discover more brew guides and how-to videos at our YouTube Channel
Got questions about your grinder? Troubleshooting
Shop grinders: Where to Buy
Still have burning questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org