Next on our list of green-inspired drinks is a Pistachio Latte (check out yesterday’s Pandan Latte recipe). This great green nut is slightly sweet and is perfect for those who don’t enjoy super sugary drinks. After you finish this recipe, you can even repurpose the remaining pistachios into a tasty snack. The pistachio latte recipe has a creamy mouthfeel, sweet aroma with a lingering nutty finish that keeps me going back for sip after sip.
- ½ cup of chopped raw pistachios
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 DBL Shot espresso
- 10 oz steamed milk/alt-milk
- 25 g pistachio syrup
Make the Syrup
- To make this delicious syrup, we will take ½ cup of pistachios and roughly chop them up into medium-sized pieces. It’s okay if you have a few large pieces.
- Grab a small saucepan and bring to medium heat. Add in ½ c water, ½ c sugar, and ½ c of chopped pistachios into your saucepot. Bring the mixture to a simmer, be sure not to boil. Stir the mixture occasionally for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat, strain out the pistachios from your pistachio syrup, and let cool.
Make the Latte
- It’s time to build the drink! We will start with a 12oz mug, 25 g of the pistachio syrup, and one double shot of espresso.
- Next, add 10oz steamed milk and delight in your cup.
Bonus: another way to be green!
Want to reuse your pistachios instead of tossing them? You can candy them!
- ½ cup pistachios used to make syrup
- ½ cup sugar
Preheat your oven to 350ºF. In a small mixing bowl, pour 1/2 cup sugar and toss the pistachios until evenly coated. On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, spread the sugar-covered pistachios into a single layer and place them in the oven for 1-2 mins. Remove from oven and let cool, store in an airtight container.