Baratza, the leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, precision burr coffee grinders for the home, is looking to hire a dedicated Content Marketing Manager for our Marketing team, based in Bellevue, WA, or the San Francisco Bay Area – East Bay. Baratza’s mission is to enable people to use our grinders to grind fresh and enjoy a great-tasting cup of coffee, easily and repeatedly.
In essence, this role is to create exciting, inviting content to enthuse people about our product line-up, enhance our user’s experience with our grinders, and reinforce our strong brand recognition. You will work with our highly collaborative Go To Market Team – Baratza CEO, Marketing Manager, and Social Media Specialist.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player with strong creative and content marketing skills gained from previous product brand building. Solid communication skills, empathy, integrity, and a commitment to service will be critical to be part of this growing team. If you are a creative, tech-savvy coffee professional, experienced in digital media content creation, and have a rich knowledge of specialty coffee, we would like to meet you.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to build our brand and increase traffic and engagement.
- Video – coordinate production of aspirational marketing and informative tech videos, from storyboard to messaging, editing, and delivery. Collaborate with in-house videography team to achieve content goals.
- Photography – coordinate product and lifestyle images for website, social media, marketing collaterals, event booths, advertising, etc.
- Digital Asset Management – ensure assets are appropriately stored and managed with access for internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversight and project management of in-house and external creative teams.
- Responsible for end-to-end deliverables – creation, implementation, and measurable results.
- Advertising – Design and coordinate ad content and messaging. Distribute to appropriate outlets.
- Trade shows/Events (US & Intl) – assist in planning and organization of shows – booth design, content, collaterals.
- Promotional pieces – Design and coordinate production of ad hoc merchandise pieces
- Website maintenance – Solid knowledge of Adobe to manage website images and updates to ensure ‘freshness’ – content, images, timely messaging, blogs. Maintain our newsletter programs.
- Ensure brand consistency in style and quality, for all media content.
- Support the Marketing team to ensure that Baratza continues to be a valued and vital brand within the Specialty coffee community.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the specialty coffee industry – you know the seed to cup journey and are familiar with different brewing methods, as well as what it takes to brew a delicious cup.
- 2+ years of experience as Content Manager, or similar role, for consumer product engagement.
- Excellent communication skills to build content that shares the Baratza story and values across different target audiences and channels.
- Solid understanding of the details involved in video/photo content creation.
- Understanding of marketing channels and their metrics, expertise with Social Media, Youtube, and SEO is necessary.
- Customer-centric, professional, and personable.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle multiple commitments, prioritize and manage time efficiently with minimal guidance. We’re a small team and need to jump in where needed.
- Articulate and innovative thinker with an ability to collaborate, take creative direction, and react quickly on projects.
- Self–motivated with the internal drive and resourcefulness to begin and continue tasks without external prodding, extra rewards, or supervision. Committed to professional growth.
- Ability to build strong positive relationships cross-functionally especially with our teams in Bellevue WA/SF Bay Area.
- Practice effective time management, adhere to deadlines, and proactively drive projects to completion.
- To succeed in this role, you must be passionate, organized, detail-oriented, fast, and adapt easily. You’ll be curious, always looking for innovations to leverage new technologies or trends to improve our content or the production process, to make Baratza stand out to our customers.
- Ability to sit at a computer for long stretches, plus the ability to lift and move camera equipment.
Baratza is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state, or federal law. We are a values-driven company and feel that learning from one another is an important part of our culture.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a generous benefits program through our parent company Breville.
Please write and tell us why you think you’d be the person we want to join our small team. Enclose an up-to-date resume detailing your skills, talents, and experience, plus salary expectations. Email to Joyce@Baratza.com We look forward to hearing from you!