Customer Support Specialist – Bellevue WA
Baratza, the leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, precision burr coffee grinders for the home, is looking to hire a new Customer Support Specialist who will be phone-forward and based at our Bellevue, WA office.
The Baratza support team is known for providing people-focused care, which is the backbone to our renowned customer support. In practice, providing guidance with troubleshooting and fixing grinders remotely enables our customers to have minimal downtime between a broken grinder and brewing great coffee. Our vision is to create a company where anyone who comes in contact with us feels cared for, and each member of the Support team is critical to making that a reality.
We’re searching for someone to join our team who embodies empathy and care; someone who can understand the challenge of not being able to brew your favorite cup of coffee. Don’t worry, grinder experience isn’t necessary – we’ll take you through our in-depth training program to learn the ins and outs of our grinders and how you can translate that to successfully providing technical support.
Key duties include:
- Provide exceptional support by phone for wholesale and end consumers.
- Follow-up phone calls, if needed, with professionally written emails
- Thrives on working with people on the phone
- Based in the greater Seattle area and able to commute to our Bellevue office Mon-Fri
- Ability to connect, over the phone, with people for where they are in their coffee/grinder knowledge
- Personable and professional via phone and email
- Ability to be patient and positive with frustrated customers
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in the Specialty Coffee industry, especially grinding and brewing coffee
- Ability to build positive relationships with team members/coworkers
- Flexible, with the ability to handle multiple commitments, prioritize and manage time efficiently with minimal guidance
- Excellent written communication skills
- Self–motivated with the internal drive and motivation to begin and continue tasks that are in alignment with the team goals
- Ability to work on a computer or phone for an eight-hour period.
- Work in close quarters with others.
- The work is mainly in our Bellevue office with a variable element of remote work.
Baratza is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state, or federal law.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please email your resume and compensation expectations to Pierce@Baratza.com.