Baratza, the leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, precision burr coffee grinders, is looking for a Marketing Manager, based in Bellevue, WA. Baratza’s mission is to enable people to use our grinders to grind fresh and enjoy great-tasting coffee, simply and easily.
This role is to lead a growing marketing team in creating exciting, inviting digital content to elevate our brand and our product line-up, enhance our user’s experience with our grinders, and reinforce our strong brand recognition. You will work with our highly collaborative Go-To-Market Team: GM Marketing – Specialty Coffee, Content Marketing Manager, Social Media Specialist and Product Expert.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated leader with strong digital marketing skills gained from previous product brand building. Solid communication skills, empathy, integrity, and a strong work ethic will be critical to leading this team and driving growth of the Baratza brand.
- Lead and mentor the marketing team to strengthen the Baratza brand in the specialty coffee market as a product leader, by building engaging digital content, participating in key coffee events, and spreading the word about Baratza and our grinders, using the tools of advertising, social media, and website design. Strong brand management will play an important part in meeting the revenue targets for the Baratza brand.
- Lead the Marketing Team to be a cohesive, efficient team with the ability to work collaboratively and independently towards team and individual goals
- Develop and manage a marketing budget, within approved limits and agreed plans, that are highly aligned with the brand strategy.
- Oversight and project management of in-house and external creative teams.
- Advertising – determine strategic advertising plans. Work closely with creatives to design and coordinate ad content and messaging. Distribute to appropriate outlets.
- Trade shows/Events – strategic planning and organization of shows – booth design, content, collaterals – US and International. Manage internal and external creative support.
- Support the Marketing team to ensure that Baratza continues to be a valued and vital brand within the Specialty coffee community.
- Work with our sibling brands in the Breville Group to leverage Baratza brand in concert with sibling brands in specialty coffee
- Evolve our brand strategy, positioning and messaging, continually assessing its effectiveness and impact
- Oversee agency selection and management
- Develop and manage brand marketing strategies and campaigns
- Leverage cultural insights and strategies to inject the brand into culture – get it noticed, get talked about, get earned media coverage
- 3-5 years of experience as Marketing Manager, or similar role, for consumer product, including experience directly managing a team, preferably within specialty coffee industry.
- Excellent communication skills to build content that shares the Baratza story and values across different target audiences and channels.
- Customer centric, professional, and personable.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle multiple commitments, prioritize and manage time efficiently with minimal guidance. We’re a small team and need to jump in where needed.
- Articulate and innovative thinker with an ability to collaborate, give direction and easily actionable plans to teams
- Self–motivated with the internal drive and resourcefulness to begin and continue tasks and committed to professional growth.
- Ability to build strong positive relationships cross functionally
- To succeed in this role, you must be passionate, organized, detail-oriented, responsive, and adapt easily.
- You’ll be curious, always looking for innovations to leverage new technologies or trends to improve how Baratza stands out to our customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the specialty coffee industry – you know the seed to cup journey and are familiar with different brewing methods, as well as what it takes to brew a delicious cup.
- Excellent leadership and team building/management skills; ability to provide clear and concise direction/feedback to external and internal stakeholders as well as the ability to influence others.
- Proven ability to plan and manage projects and budgets.
- Ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing.
Ability to sit at a computer for long stretches.
Baratza is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state, or federal law. We are a values-driven company and feel that learning from one another is an important part of our culture.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a generous benefits program through our parent company, Breville.
If this position sounds of interest to you, then please write and tell us why you think you’d be the person we want to join our small team. Enclose an up-to-date resume detailing your skills, talents, and experience. Email to Jennifer.Ordonez@breville.com