SERVICE TECHNICIAN | Bellevue, WA
Baratza, the leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, precision burr coffee grinders for the home, is looking to hire a new service technician for our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
We’re searching for someone to join our team who embodies empathy and care; someone who can understand the challenge of not being able to brew your favorite cup of coffee. Don’t worry, grinder or repair experience isn’t necessary – we’ll take you through our in-depth training program to learn the ins and outs of our grinders. The Baratza service center is an integral part of our operations and customer support office. Baratza technicians are responsible for troubleshooting and repairing grinders so that they are brought up to current standards and will give the accurate, consistent grind and reliability that our grinders are known for. This means handling walk-in repairs, daily repairs and refurbished grinders. The technicians work closely with the customer support team to identify and track grinder problems and develop solutions to continuously improve our customer support and grinder performance.
Key duties include:
- Clean, refurbish and repair grinders
- Identify and resolve our customers’ concerns
- Receive and track returned grinders
- Work with the support team to identify and diagnose grinder issues
- Input customer and detailed service information in our database
- Ability to identify and complete additional or helpful tasks that contribute to the continued success of Baratza
- The ability to analyze and streamline processes to improve accuracy and output
- An interest in solving problems, for both people and mechanical systems
- An interest in coffee and related fields, including sustainability and ethical consumption
- Detail-oriented, able to correctly log information and adhere to repair standards
- Constructive attitude in teamwork and excellent verbal communication
- Desire to learn about Baratza grinders, history, and culture
- Able to stand at a workbench for extended periods
- Can work in close quarters with others
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift 60 pounds
Baratza is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state, or federal law. We are a values-driven company and feel that learning from one another is an important part of our culture.
This is a full-time position with a generous benefits program through our parent company Breville.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please email your resume and compensation expectations to email@example.com