Baratza, the leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, precision burr coffee grinders for
the home, is looking to hire a new Service Technician for our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
The Baratza repair, refurb and service center is an integral part of our Operations and Customer
Support office. Baratza technicians are responsible for troubleshooting and repairing grinders so
that they are brought up to current standards and will give the accurate, consistent grind and
reliability that Baratza grinders are known for. This means handling walk-in repairs, daily repairs
and refurbs. The technicians work closely with the Customer Support team to identify and track
grinder problems and develop solutions to continuously improve our customer support and make
our grinders better. We are searching for a dedicated team player with mechanical aptitude who
believes that delighting the customer is just as important as fixing the machine. You will receive on
the job training on how to service our products. A good work ethic and willingness to learn on your
feet can make up for a lack of technical experience in this field. If this appeals to your career
goals and values, come join our small but awesome Service team.
Key duties include:
- Refurbish and repair grinders.
- Take care of our customers concerns.
- Receive and track returned grinders.
- Input customer and detailed service information to our database.
- Work with the Support team to identify and problem-solve grinder issues.
- Self-motivated with the internal drive to complete tasks without external prodding, extra
rewards or supervision.
- The ability to collaborate with team member’s to improve output.
- Technical competence, with a well-rounded grasp of common hand tools and general
- Detail-oriented, entering information and maintaining established repair standards.
- Constructive and kind attitude in teamwork plus excellent verbal communication.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting, learn rapidly, and master diverse technologies and
techniques while staying open-minded.
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift 60 pounds
- Can work in close quarters with others
This is a full-time hourly position with competitive pay, health insurance, paid time-off, tuition
reimbursement and a 401k Plan.
Please write and tell us why you think you’d be the person we want to join our small team to
service and repair our coffee grinders. Please enclose an up to date resume detailing your skills,
talents and experience. Email to quinn@Baratza.com.