Baratza, the leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, precision burr coffee grinders for the home, is looking to hire a dedicated Social Media Specialist for our Marketing team, based in the San Francisco Bay Area – East Bay. We want to help people get to a great tasting cup of coffee easily and repeatedly with the help of our grinders, for whatever method they are brewing and for wherever they are on their coffee journey.
This role will work collaboratively with the Baratza CEO, Marketing Manager and Digital & Creative Marketing Projects Lead to further build brand recognition and drive audience engagement with Baratza – domestically and internationally. We are looking for a team player with strong communication skills, empathy, integrity, and a commitment to service who will act as the voice of our brand managing all community communications. If you are a tech-savvy coffee professional, experienced in social media and content writing, and have solid coffee knowledge we would like to meet you.
Key duties include:
- Share Baratza’s story and grinder knowledge to the world via engaging pictures, videos and written content – both new and curated from existing content.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Support teams to create blogs that combine coffee knowledge with grinder education, to help customers improve their coffee experience at home.
- Understand the importance of customer engagement through human connection – respond to comments and questions across our social media platforms in a timely friendly manner.
- Work with the team to plan, organize and implement digital content strategies across all online platforms by maintaining a strong content calendar.
- Stay up to date – Be curious. Listen for new ways to make Baratza stand out to our customers and share strategic industry happenings with the team – domestically and globally.
- Ensure brand consistency in style, quality, and tone of voice on all media channels.
- Implement SEO best practices and stay current with digital marketing trends.
- Practice effective time management, adhere to deadlines, and proactively drive projects to completion.
- Ability to write succinctly in a voice that is both warm and informative.
- Copywriting experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2 years minimum of solid social media experience managing a brand – able to confidently develop and execute ideas using all social media functions and third party posting and analytics tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the specialty coffee industry, especially grinding and brewing coffee.
- Customer centric, professional and personable via email/social media.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle multiple commitments, prioritize and manage time efficiently with minimal guidance. We’re a small team and need to jump in where needed.
- Self–motivated with the internal drive to begin and continue tasks without external prodding or extra rewards or supervision with resourcefulness.
- Ability to build strong positive relationships cross functionally especially with our team in Bellevue WA.committed to professional growth.
- Articulate and innovative thinker with an ability to collaborate, take creative direction and react quickly on projects.
- Interest and proficiency in modern technology/computers would be a plus.
- Ability to sit at a computer or on the phone for long stretches.
- The work is remote/work from home. However, we are looking for someone in the Bay Area, preferably East Bay as, once Covid restrictions lift, we will be returning to weekly in-person meetings.
Baratza welcomes people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are a values driven company and feel that learning from one another is an important part of our culture. This is a full-time hourly position with health insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a 401k plan.
Please write and tell us why you think you’d be the person we want to join our small team to support our fast-growing customer base. Please enclose an up to date resume detailing your skills, talents and experience. Email to Joyce@Baratza.com